Lysine is an essential amino acid - one of the eight essential amino acids vital for human health. Our bodies cannot create lysine so it is crucial we get it from our diet.
How does lysine help with cold sores? Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). This virus is found in around 90% of all adults, with around one third actually suffering from cold sores. The virus lives in your body and can remain dormant until something triggers an outbreak.
The herpes simplex virus requires large amounts of another amino acid called arginine to replicate. Lysine competes with arginine absorption which reduces the amount of arginine available for the virus to use to replicate itself. When the ratio of lysine is high compared to arginine, replication of the herpes simplex virus may be inhibited.
- Helps reduce the severity of cold sore symptoms such as itching, burning & pain
- Helps reduce the frequency and severity of cold sore outbreaks
- Helps reduce the reoccurrence and healing time of cold sore outbreaks
- Aids minor wound healing
- Supports and maintain normal, healthy immune system function
- Prevention: Take one tablet daily in between meals or as advised by your healthcare professional. During an outbreak: Take one tablet three times daily in between meals or as advised by your healthcare professional.
- Naturopatic Comment:
- As lysine is an essential amino acid, it is not produced by the body and therefore must be consumed from the diet. The richest food sources of lysine include animal proteins like meat and poultry, and is found in smaller amounts in dairy products, eg
- Country of Manufacture:
- 90 film coated tablets
- Pill Size:
- Length 22.5mm, width 10.0mm, thickness 7.1mm
Why Buy From Us?
You receive the highest quality
- It starts with our ingredients – the highest strength and quality from the most reliable suppliers, and is maintained by our standards. We follow the strictest regulations and using the best available technology we put every finished product through analysis to exclude any contamination and ensure product excellence.
You get real product benefits
- The ingredients and benefits you read on the bottle are always what you get inside.
- Our passionate team of naturopaths offer you free expert advice to determine which products are most suitable to your needs.
You're supporting Australian businesses
- We’re proud to say that all of our Australian NaturalCare products are manufactured in Australia.
You receive the best service
- With our direct vitamins, you get more than just convenience, you get certainty and if there’s any doubt, we back up every product with a 100% money back guarantee if returned within 60 days of purchase.
- To ensure you receive your products as soon as possible, we dispatch orders received before midday (AEST) the very same day. Australia Post collects all of our parcels and delivers them straight to your door. We offer FREE pick up from our North Ryde showroom, here in Sydney.
To ensure you receive your products as soon as possible, we dispatch orders received before midday (AEST) the very same day.
Standard Shipping - $6.95
For the Sydney metropolitan area, delivery takes up to two days and five-ten days for the rest of Australia.
STANDARD SHIPPING IS FREE FOR ORDERS OVER $99.00.
Currently not available - we are working on a new solution.