Winter Immune Elixir
Author: Alyce Cimino Date Posted:15 June 2017
Winter is a time for big cosy jumpers, fireplaces and warm tea. When we start to feel a little bit run down or if we catch a common cold, there are many herbs, spices and foods found in our kitchen that we can use to support our health and give our immune system a little boost!
As the weather cools we often find ourselves reaching for warming foods and this recipe is no different, it is nutritive and immune boosting and can help to support the digestive system. You don’t need fancy ingredients just check your kitchen cupboard, you can quickly make the recipe as needed.
- 1 whole brown onion, thinly sliced
- ½ garlic bulb, peeled and crushed
- 3cm ginger piece, grated
- 1 cm of fresh turmeric grated OR 1 teaspoon organic dried turmeric powder
- pinch of fresh or dried chilli to taste
- 1 L of vegetable or chicken stock
- Place all the ingredients into a pot and simmer on a low heat for at least 30 minutes until all the onion has softened.
- Enjoy as is and pour into a mug and sip slowly throughout the day.
|Written by Alyce Cimino|
Alyce Cimino (BHSc Naturopathy) is a qualified Naturopath with a passion for nutrition, food as medicine and helping others achieve their health goals towards a happy and healthy lifestyle. Alyce believes health begins with delicious whole foods and in her spare time you can find her in the kitchen creating something deliciously healthy or at the beach enjoying the sunshine and ocean.
Alyce has a love for herbal teas, but all teas are better with a little raw cheesecake on the side.