Scrumptious Summer Smoothies
Author: Vanessa Gagliardi Date Posted:7 January 2020
Delicious and nutritious smoothies containing just 6 ingredients or less to get you through the summer. To make the most out of your smoothie recipes and prep, read until the end for some healthy smoothie hacks.
Add a little paper umbrella and it’s almost like you’re on a tropical holiday.
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1-2 tsp. hemp seeds
- Small handful coconut chips
Blend all ingredients until smooth, sprinkle coconut chips and some extra hemp seeds over the top.
The chocolatey treat you’re looking for with a hint of cherry…like a nutritious cherry ripe!
- 1 cup milk of choice
- ½ cup frozen pitted cherries
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Try serving in a bowl topped with your favourite crunchy granola or some cacao nibs.
An antioxidant-rich berry mojito (without the alcohol, of course).
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- Juice of ½ a lime, or to your liking
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Top with a couple of extra mint leaves and a slice of lime to decorate the rim of your glass.
Healthy Smoothie Hacks:
- Slice up bananas and store them in the freezer. Frozen bananas make smoothies delicious creamy and thick, making them the perfect base for almost any smoothie recipe
- Increase the protein content of your smoothies by adding in a scoop or two of protein powder (you can also use natural peanut, almond or cashew butter for extra protein). Opt for an unflavoured protein powder if you don’t want to add any new flavours into your smoothie recipes, otherwise vanilla is quite versatile too. Adding protein to your smoothies keeps you feeling fuller for longer while also helping to regulate blood sugar levels
|Written by Vanessa Gagliardi|
Vanessa (BHSc Naturopathy) is a qualified naturopath with a passion for good food. She uses nutrition and herbal medicine to help people feel their best, from the inside out.
Vanessa enjoys nature walks and Pilates, and loves a good almond mocha.