Want to take advantage of the awesome anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, digestive and warming health effects of Ginger by using it in your diet?
Then look no further than this super quick and healthy Thai Ginger Chicken stir fry recipe. Yum!
- ½ cup soy sauce or tamari
- ½ cup fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown or rice malt syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive or rice bran oil
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts (organic, free range if possible)
- 5cm piece ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, de seeded and sliced
- 1 medium sized broccoli, chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 head of bok choy
- ½ bunch coriander, removed from stalks
- Combine soy sauce/tamari, fish sauce, brown sugar/rice malt syrup and lime juice in a cup, to make a stir fry sauce.
- Dice chicken into small bite size pieces, and dice all vegetables as listed above.
- Heat oil in a large wok on high heat and add chicken. Stir fry until cooked through and golden.
- Add all vegetables, onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and stir fry sauce. Stir-fry until broccoli and carrot are tender (approximately 3-5 minutes)
- Remove from heat, add to bowls and sprinkle with coriander.
Handy tip! Change it up, and use Tofu instead of Chicken for a delicious vegetarian meal.