Hold the Rum balls this year…with all the sugar and alcohol going around, these lovely fudgy minty bites will provide all the chocolatey cheer one needs in their lives, and are so easy to whip up!
- 2 cups walnuts (you could use cashews/macadamias/almonds in this recipe).
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates.
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (or alternatives such as Honey/Rice Malt Syrup).
- ¼ cup sifted Cacao powder.
- 3 tablespoons unrefined Coconut Oil.
- 1 ripe Hass Avocado (1/4 cup Coconut cream would make a good substitute).
- 3-4 drops of Food Grade Peppermint Essential Oil.
- ¼ teaspoon Salt.
- Desiccated Coconut (To Roll).
- In a food processor, pulse the nuts and dates until very well combined, although don’t take it too far or you’ll be making nut butter!
- Add the remaining ingredients with the exception of the Coconut and pulse again until you arrive at a thick sticky ‘rollable’ mixture.
- Roll into small balls and roll in the desiccated coconut. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and refrigerate for a few hours, this will allow the flavours to meld together and for the coconut oil to help create a more solid, fudge-like texture.