Mint Brownie Balls Recipe
Author: Lia Pellizzeri Date Posted:2 January 2017
Hold the Rum balls this year…with all the sugar and alcohol going around, these lovely fudgy minty bites will provide all the chocolatey cheer one needs in their lives, and are so easy to whip up!
- 2 cups walnuts (you could use cashews/macadamias/almonds in this recipe).
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates.
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (or alternatives such as Honey/Rice Malt Syrup).
- ¼ cup sifted Cacao powder.
- 3 tablespoons unrefined Coconut Oil.
- 1 ripe Hass Avocado (1/4 cup Coconut cream would make a good substitute).
- 3-4 drops of Food Grade Peppermint Essential Oil.
- ¼ teaspoon Salt.
- Desiccated Coconut (To Roll).
- In a food processor, pulse the nuts and dates until very well combined, although don’t take it too far or you’ll be making nut butter!
- Add the remaining ingredients with the exception of the Coconut and pulse again until you arrive at a thick sticky ‘rollable’ mixture.
- Roll into small balls and roll in the desiccated coconut. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and refrigerate for a few hours, this will allow the flavours to meld together and for the coconut oil to help create a more solid, fudge-like texture.
|Written by Lia Pellizzeri|
Lia is a qualified Naturopath who believes in the power of nature to heal many of today’s acute and chronic conditions. She’s not only passionate about living a healthy lifestyle, but about educating people on nutrition and the amazing benefits of herbs and supplements in addressing symptoms and their underlying issues.
Lia loves to cook, bake and read… when she isn’t busy telling people to enjoy their egg yolks and other healthy fats, she can most likely be found on the lounge with a latte and a tattered copy of Lord of the Rings.