Marinated Artichoke Recipe
Author: Emily Seddon Date Posted:30 January 2017
The perfect addition to a home-made pizza or an anti-pasto platter! For this recipe, you’ll also need an empty, sterile 800-1000ml jar.
- 7-8 artichokes
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2-3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. red chilli flakes
- Trim hard outer leaves and stem from artichoke and wash remaining hearts under cold water. Cut into quarters.
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar, water and salt and bring to a boil. While this is heating, combine garlic, thyme, oregano, and chilli flakes in a jar, then pack artichoke hearts into jar. Remove boiled liquid from stove and pour into the jar.
- Add olive oil until artichokes are covered. Place lid on jar and shake to mix oil and herbs.
- Marinate for 24 hours before serving. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
|Written by Emily Seddon|
Emily (BHSc Naturopathy) is a qualified naturopath with a love of science. Growing up with a hippy mum and dad, Emily grew used to thinking outside the box for her own health. She has since completed a degree in Health Science, majoring in Naturopathy, combining that passion for healthy living with scientific and traditional evidence to help others to live happy and healthy lives.
She loves using herbal and nutritional medicine to treat ailments and lives by the philosophy of “there is no such thing as too much tea."