The perfect addition to a home-made pizza or an anti-pasto platter! For this recipe, you’ll also need an empty, sterile 800-1000ml jar.
- 7-8 artichokes
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2-3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. red chilli flakes
- Trim hard outer leaves and stem from artichoke and wash remaining hearts under cold water. Cut into quarters.
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar, water and salt and bring to a boil. While this is heating, combine garlic, thyme, oregano, and chilli flakes in a jar, then pack artichoke hearts into jar. Remove boiled liquid from stove and pour into the jar.
- Add olive oil until artichokes are covered. Place lid on jar and shake to mix oil and herbs.
- Marinate for 24 hours before serving. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days.