Fish Curry Recipe for Healthy Joints
Author: Emily Seddon Date Posted:5 August 2016
Keep your joints happy with this delicious Fish Curry.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped.
- 2cm piece of ginger, finely chopped or grated.
- 5cm fresh turmeric, finely chopped or grated.
- 2 tbs coconut oil.
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped.
- 2 tsp ground turmeric.
- 2 tsp ground coriander.
- 1 tsp ground cumin.
- 4-6 curry leaves (optional).
- 400ml coconut milk or cream.
- 1 cup (250ml) fish or vegetable stock.
- 600-800g salmon with the skin on, cut into 4cm pieces.
- 2 handfuls green and/or yellow beans, sliced.
- Juice of 1 lime.
- Steamed basmati rice and coriander leaves, to serve.
- Using a roller or mortar and pestle, pound the fresh garlic, ginger and turmeric to a rough paste.
- Heat coconut oil in a frypan over medium heat. Constantly stirring, cook onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add paste and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Add ground spices and curry leaves. Cook while stirring for a further 2 minutes. Add coconut milk/ cream and stock, then bring to a simmer.
- Stirring occasionally, cook for 10 minutes. Add fish and beans and cook for 4 minutes or until fish is just cooked. Remove from heat and season with lime juice.
- Serve curry with rice, topped with fresh coriander.
|Written by Emily Seddon|
Emily (BHSc Naturopathy) is a qualified naturopath with a love of science. Growing up with a hippy mum and dad, Emily grew used to thinking outside the box for her own health. She has since completed a degree in Health Science, majoring in Naturopathy, combining that passion for healthy living with scientific and traditional evidence to help others to live happy and healthy lives.
She loves using herbal and nutritional medicine to treat ailments and lives by the philosophy of "there is no such thing as too much tea."