Here is a nice winter warmer, a drink that will help keep the sniffles at bay, soothe your throat, warm you up and knock the socks off those winter bugs and colds.
1 brown onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 cm of ginger
2 cinnamon quills
¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of Manuka honey
- Fill the kettle up and put it on
- While the kettle is boiling, peel and finely chop the garlic, onion and ginger
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper and cinnamon quills to a mug and pour boiling water over them.
- Cover the top of the mug and let it steep for 5 minutes
- While the ingredients are brewing, juice the lemon
- After 5 minutes is up, uncover the mug and strain
- Add the lemon juice and manuka honey, stir through
- Rug up, sit back and relax, sip away and let the flu brew work its wonders!