We’ve all heard of Fenugreek. Its seeds and leaves have been used widely as a food and a traditional medicine all throughout Europe and Asia for many centuries. Amongst its active plant chemicals, Fenugreek contains plant steroids, including fenuside and protodioscin. From these, a proprietary fenugreek extract called Testofen has been developed, which contains a standardised amount of Fenuside. As men age, their testosterone levels can decrease which may reduce muscle mass, lower libido and sexual performance. Testofen has been shown to:
- Support healthy levels of free testosterone.
- Promote sexual desire and vitality.
- Support muscles mass.
- Help reduce normal symptoms of Andropause (male menopause) in men over the age of 40.
So what do the studies say?
Free testosterone levels, body fat and muscle mass.
A randomized double blind placebo controlled trial performed over 8 weeks on 60 healthy male subjects undergoing resistance training and taking 600mg Testofen daily found:
- Free testosterone levels increased by 99% compared to baseline measurements, while the placebo group did not show a statistically significant change.
- Body fat was reduced in subjects taking testofen.
- Muscle mass was maintained, although body fat was reduced. Another study performed recently also found that testofen was able to support an increase in muscle mass when administered over a period of 4 weeks.
Andropause, Sexual arousal & Activity.
A 12 week randomized double blind placebo controlled study dispensed 600mg testofen daily to 120 healthy males, aged 43 – 70 years, who reported symptoms of andropause (male menopause). The study showed:
- Reduction in normal symptoms of andropause after 6 and 12 weeks. This was measured by and Ageing Male Symptom questionnaire, which assesses male hormone deficiency symptoms.
- Improvement in sexual function including the number of morning erections obtained, increase in sexual desire and arousal and frequency of sexual activity.
- Increase in serum and free testosterone compared to placebo after 12 weeks treatment.
Who should use Testofen? Any male who is looking to maintain healthy testosterone levels, support their muscle mass and improve their sexual desire and activity. Try it today!
References Steels, E., Rao, A., Vitella L., “Physiological aspects of male libido enhancement by standardized Trigonella foenum graecum extract and mineral formulation.” 2011, Phytotherapy Rsch, Vol. 25, 9, 1294-1300 Wankhede S, Mohan V, Thakurdesai P, “Beneficial effects of fenugreek glycoside supplementation in male subjects during resistance training: a randomized controlled pilot study.” Journal of Sport and Health Science (2015), doi:10.1016/j.jshs.2014.09.005