Here’s a healthy vegetable curry recipe that’s great for lunch or dinner.
You can also include a cup of cooked chickpeas for an added source of protein.
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1.5cm ginger root, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 100g green beans, chopped
- 200ml coconut milk
- 450g tomatoes, chopped
- 100g raw cashew nuts
- Brown rice
- Natural yoghurt
- Add the oil to a heated pan and fry the garlic and spices for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add all the vegetables to the pan, stirring gently through the spices. Fry gently for 5-7 minutes.
- Add coconut milk to the vegetables, mix thoroughly and then add chopped tomatoes.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir cashews into the vegetable mix and simmer covered for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve with boiled brown rice and a dollop of natural yoghurt.