Moisturising Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Author: Kaylee Dunbar Date Posted:22 December 2015
Now that weather is warming up and summer is just around the corner, we tend to find ourselves enjoying the outdoors by swimming in pools or at the beach. All this fun in the sun can have a detrimental effect on our hair. With this fantastic Coconut Oil Hair Mask we can protect our hair and have luscious locks this summer!
Ingredients and Materials:
- 2-5 tablespoons of Banaban Gourmet Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. Adjust the quantity depending on the thickness of your hair.
- 1 tablespoon of Barnes Naturals Jarrah Active Honey or Barnes Naturals Active Manuka Honey.
- 2 drops of an essential oil of your choice (personal favourites are Lavender, Chamomile and Ylang ylang)
- Shower Cap
- Your favourite old shirt
- Mix the Coconut oil, Organic Raw Honey and your choice of essential oil into a mixing bowl.
- Once the ingredients are combined, heat the mixture in a microwave for 30 seconds or in a saucepan until the mixture becomes a liquid.
- Stir the mixture again and then allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, put on an old shirt and wrap a towel around your neck and shoulders, this is in case the mixture drips.
- Separate your hair into sections and apply the mixture generously from top to bottom of each section. Focus on applying liberally to the ends of your hair to restore moisture and shine.
- If your hair is long enough, tie it back so it is out of your face. If you have short hair, you can also pin your hair back.
- Place a shower cap over your head and leave the hair mask on for 30 to 40 minutes. Use this allocated time to relax, catch up on some reading, paint your nails or watch your favourite movie or T.V. show.
- Then simply shampoo and condition your hair as per normal and be prepared to have shiny, silky smooth hair!
Coconut Oil: Did you know?
Coconut oil is stable at both high and low temperatures therefore it is able to lock in moisture into the hair and does not evaporate. Due to the coconut's chemical structure, it can penetrate deep into the hair shaft which can help improve hair strength and flexibility.
Here at Australian NaturalCare, we choose to stock the Banaban Range as Banaban offers Certified Organic Coconut Oil of good quality that is sourced and manufactured in Fiji. Banaban products are manufactured in a plant that utilises coconut shells and husks as bio-fuel instead of electricity or fossil fuels.
This particular Coconut Oil is cold pressed and extracted from fresh coconut flesh and is not refined, deodorized or bleached so that you can ensure that there are no hidden nasties in this nourishing hair mask. Please note: Coconut oil can make the shower slippery, so please be careful.