Our top 7 fun ginger facts:
- Reduced appetite? Chew on a small piece of fresh ginger or drink a ginger tea before meals and get those gastric juices flowing!
- Ginger root contains essential oils and phenolic compounds such as gingerols and shogaols which give it its aromatic smell and many health benefits.
- Ginger root contains nutrients such as Vitamin B6, Vitamin B5, Vitamin C, Potassium, Manganese, Copper and Magnesium.
- Ginger has been utilised for at least 3000 years in India and China. In 19th Century Europe it was used as widely as salt, being added to many meals.
- In Chinese medicine, Ginger is considered a great yang tonic, which can help boost energy, vitality and increase body temperature.
- In Indian Ayurvedic Medicine, Ginger is used as a universal medicine, used to treat many conditions, including digestive issues.
- Ginger is a great libido booster, and has been traditionally used to stimulate sexual desire in the equine industry and to keep horses young and active.