5 Reasons To Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Author: ANCP Date Posted:11 March 2015
In addition to serving as a delicious flavouring, apple cider vinegar contains calcium, magnesium, iron, and vitamins A & E. Here are five ways that apple cider vinegar may improve your health, general well-being and even your beauty regime!
- As a digestive aid - A fibre-rich meal of salad containing greens, veggies, beans and a honey-mustard vinaigrette dressing containing apple cider vinegar may aid the digestion process and help with bowel regularity
- To bolster immunity - If ingested by a healthy person, the vitamins and minerals in apple cider vinegar may offer support for the immune system. When combined with honey, cayenne pepper, fresh lemon and boiling water, the vitamins and minerals in apple cider vinegar aid the body in its recovery from colds, while helping to open the sinuses in the process.
- To increase energy - Adding a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water may help boost energy levels throughout the afternoon, proving a big help if you're lagging or trying to cut caffeine out of your diet.
- Gorgeous hair - Who doesn’t want to have luscious locks! Apple cider vinegar has long been used to help add a beautiful shine and gloss to your hair. Some also find it helps keeps the dandruff at bay. It can be used in place of your normal conditioner. Add ½ - 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar and one cup of water to a spray/recycled shampoo bottle and apply to hair after shampooing. Leave for a couple of minutes and rinse. And don’t worry - the vinegar smell disappears as your hair dries.
- Skin Toner - You can use apple cider vinegar to replace your current toner. Dilute one part apple cider vinegar with two parts water and apply to your face with a cotton pad or wash cloth, after washing. Your skin will feel smooth and plump! Bonus: It can also be applied straight onto blemishes to help dry them out and heal them.