Amazing Choc Brownies - Healthy, Vegan, Gluten- free!
Author: Lia Pellizzeri Date Posted:2 April 2019
Easter is coming up and we all know what that means… give us all the chocolate! However, with all of us seeming to have various dietary requirements these days, it can be difficult to make a treat that not only everyone can eat, but also one that they will love.
This is truly a miraculous Brownie! Dairy-free! Egg-free! Gluten-free! Vegan! Nutritious! And no black beans or tofu in sight!
But also insanely delicious – chewy and chocolatey and everything you would expect from your usual decadent brownie recipe.
Did we mention it’s SUPER easy as well? Get out a loaf tin and one bowl and you are ready to go!
Makes 9-12 Brownies
1/3 cup cocoa powder (use raw cacao for Superfood goodness)
1 cup of softened nut butter (try almond, cashew, or even peanut butter)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup almond flour
1 ½ tsp bicarb soda
100g dark chocolate chopped (We used Loving Earth Dark in our Brownies)
- Preheat oven to 160c and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients except for the chopped dark chocolate into a bowl and whisk to combine well.
- Add the chopped chocolate and gently fold through.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth out.
- Bake for 15-20 min. They should look a little underdone when you take them out, but slightly crackled on top.
- Let them sit for at least half an hour if you want them extra gooey, or overnight to firm them up slightly.
Enjoy just as they are, or warmed up slightly with some whipped Coconut cream or Coconut yogurt to keep it vegan and dairy free!
|Written by Lia Pellizzeri|
Lia is a qualified Naturopath who believes in the power of nature to heal many of today’s acute and chronic conditions. She’s not only passionate about living a healthy lifestyle, but about educating people on nutrition and the amazing benefits of herbs and supplements in addressing symptoms and their underlying issues.
Lia loves to cook, bake and read… when she isn’t busy telling people to enjoy their egg yolks and other healthy fats, she can most likely be found on the lounge with a latte and a tattered copy of Lord of the Rings.