Glucosamine 1500 is a one-a-day formula providing a clinically proven dose of glucosamine sulfate in a single convenient tablet.
Our Glucosamine 1500 contains glucosamine sulfate, a clinically trialled form of glucosamine that helps regenerate cartilage by providing the body with the compounds called proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans, which are the natural building blocks required for the formation of cartilage cells. In addition, glucosamine sulfate stimulates the activity of the cartilage cells (called chondrocytes) and supports the cartilage's cushioning effect on the joints.
In several clinical trials, taking 1500mg of glucosamine sulfate per day has been shown to reduce mild-to-moderate osteoarthritis pain, reduce inflammation and support joint flexibility, particularly in the knees.
Glucosamine 1500 is best taken on a regular basis. Results may take four to six weeks to become apparent.
If you love sport, you'll know that along with all the physical, mental and social benefits that being active brings, there can also be a downside: the risk of injury, and in some cases, an increased likelihood that you'll develop osteoarthritis as you get older.
We've all seen those young-but-retired sportsmen hobbling around like they're old before their time and you may even have done your fair share of hobbling yourself! In fact, playing sport at an elite level significantly increases the subsequent risk of osteoarthritis, and may even double it in some cases.
Some types of sports are harder on the joints than others, with those that force the joints to bear frequent or severe loads (especially while twisting) or involve excessive motion or repetitive impacts being more likely to cause cartilage damage - soccer is a good example of this.
For serious athletes, the detrimental effects on the structure and function of the cartilage can start at a relatively young age. For instance, a study of 19-22 year old soccer players found that compared to non-athletes, they had increased evidence of cartilage degradation and turnover - even though they didn't exhibit any symptoms of joint injury (such as pain, inflammation or impaired joint function).
Glucosamine is best known for its pain-relieving benefits in mild osteoarthritis, but also provides the natural nutritional building blocks for healthy cartilage. It is helpful for cartilage damage associated with sporting injuries as it helps aid tissue repair, improve joint function and provide mild joint pain.
Interestingly, in the study of soccer players mentioned above, taking glucosamine was associated with decreased evidence of cartilage degradation - perhaps indicating that it may have a beneficial effect on the athletes' joints and cartilage.
Yoshimura M, et al. Int J Molecular Med 2009;24:487-944
Read more about the causes of osteoarthritis on our lifestyle blog.
- Can Assist With:
- Relief of symptoms of mild osteoarthritis, including mild joint soreness and swelling.
- Take one tablet daily, or as advised by your healthcare professional.
- Naturopatic Comment:
- Glucosamine is naturally found in the protective shells of crustaceans such as lobsters, prawns and crabs. But unless you feel like chowing down on the crab shell at your next seafood feast, it's probably easier to take it as a supplement!
- Country of Manufacture:
- 90 film coated tablets
- Pill Size:
- 23.2mm long
- Crustacea, sulfites.
Why Buy From Us?
You receive the highest quality
- It starts with our ingredients – the highest strength and quality from the most reliable suppliers, and is maintained by our standards. We follow the strictest regulations and using the best available technology we put every finished product through analysis to exclude any contamination and ensure product excellence.
You get real product benefits
- The ingredients and benefits you read on the bottle are always what you get inside.
- Our passionate team of naturopaths offer you free expert advice to determine which products are most suitable to your needs.
You're supporting Australian businesses
- We’re proud to say that all of our Australian NaturalCare products are manufactured in Australia.
You receive the best service
- With our direct vitamins, you get more than just convenience, you get certainty and if there’s any doubt, we back up every product with a 100% money back guarantee if returned within 60 days of purchase.
- To ensure you receive your products as soon as possible, we dispatch orders received before midday (AEST) the very same day. Australia Post collects all of our parcels and delivers them straight to your door. We offer FREE pick up from our North Ryde showroom, here in Sydney.
To ensure you receive your products as soon as possible, we dispatch orders received before midday (AEST) the very same day.
Standard Shipping - $6.95
For the Sydney metropolitan area, delivery takes up to two days and five-ten days for the rest of Australia.
STANDARD SHIPPING IS FREE FOR ORDERS OVER $99.00.
Currently not available - we are working on a new solution.