Fish oil may help support heart and cardiovascular health and maintain normal triglyceride levels in healthy individuals. It may also assist in the temporary relief of the pain, inflammation and swelling associated with osteoarthritis.
Fish Oil 1000mg is a rich source of the omega-3 fats EPA and DHA, which help maintain heart health, support healthy triglyceride levels and assist peripheral circulation. Omega-3s may also temporarily relieve osteoarthritis pain and inflammation, and improve joint mobility. DHA is particularly important during pregnancy and infancy, when it is involved in the healthy development of the baby’s brain, nervous system and eyes.
The Australian Heart Foundation recommends we eat two to three 150 gram servings of oily fish each week in order to get the omega-3s we need to help maintain the health of our heart and blood vessels. However, it appears that most of us simply don’t manage to include that much fish in our diets – in fact, it has been estimated that around 60% of us don’t eat the recommended quantities.
Unfortunately, getting enough fish in your diet involves more than simply having tuna on your sandwiches a couple of times a week, as that will only give you around 50 or 60 grams per serve (around half a small tin), and consequently will mean that over the course of a week, you’re actually only consuming around a single serve. To make a real impact on your omega-3 levels, you’ll need to dish up a hearty serving of oily fish such as salmon, sardines, tuna or mackerel several times a week.
Don’t use increasing your omega-3 intake as an excuse to head to the local fish and chip shop for takeaway though – the negative effects of the deep-fried batter could well and truly counterbalance any health benefits of the omega-3s! Instead, make friends with your local fishmonger, and enjoy home-made seafood meals such as delicious poached salmon, oven-baked tuna, or an Italian-style sardine dish in a luscious tomato based sauce.
And if you’re still not sure you’re eating enough fish, consider taking an omega-3 supplement to ensure you’re not missing out on these important essential fatty acids.
Our Australian Naturalcare Fish Oil is:
- Tested for heavy metals (such as mercury, lead, cadmium and arsenic), industrial chemicals (such as Polychlorinated biphenyls -PCB’s) and environmental pollutants (such as dioxins). Every batch is tested and complies with Australian standards for heavy metals, industrial chemicals and environmental pollutants before it is released for sale.
- Sourced from smaller, oily fish such as sardines, anchovies and mackerel as they have a lower life expectancy and smaller body mass, which mean less chemical and heavy metal exposure than bigger fish. These small cold water fish also have a greater purity, and are higher in the good monounsaturated fats compared to fish that live in warmer waters.
- High in Omega 3 Fatty Acids Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are responsible for exerting the health benefits associated with fish oil intake.
- High in EPA, which is responsible for Fish oil’s natural anti-inflammatory effect. Our fish oils are also high in DHA which may support brain and eye health.
- Treated with every care to ensure our fish oil capsules have not been exposed to excessive sunlight or heat, as this may affect their therapeutic activity in the body.
You can find answers to frequently asked questions about fish oil on our lifestyle blog.
Watch our video on Fish Oil below:
Cautions & Warnings:
Keep out of reach of children. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet. If symptoms persist please consult your healthcare professional.
|Can Assist with||Osteoarthritis, swollen joints, inflammation, healthy heart, healthy cardiovascular system, peripheral circulation, healthy triglyceride level.|
|Cautions and Warnings||Keep out of reach of children. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet. If symptoms persist please consult your healthcare professional.|
|Dosage||Adults: Take 1-3 capsules daily; Children 2-6 years: Take 1 capsule daily; Children 7-12 years: Take 1-2 capsules daily; Osteoarthritis: Take 3-4 capsules 3 times daily; Heart Health: Take 2 capsules 2-3 times daily; Healthy Triglycerides: Take 1-4 capsules 3 times daily, or as advised by your healthcare professional.|
|Ingredients||Each capsule contains: Fish Oil – natural 1g (1000mg), equiv. to Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 180mg, equiv. to Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 120mg.|
|Naturopathic Comment||Did you know that your brain naturally contains a large amount of DHA?|
|No Added||Corn, dairy, lactose, wheat, gluten, sugars, yeast, preservatives, artificial colours and flavours.|
|Country of Manufacture||Australia|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Australian NaturalCare users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
You receive the highest quality
You get real product benefits
You're supporting Australian businesses
You receive the best service
To ensure you receive your products as soon as possible, we dispatch orders received before midday (AEST) the very same day.
Standard Shipping - $6.95
For the Sydney metropolitan area, delivery takes up to two days and five-ten days for the rest of Australia.
STANDARD SHIPPING IS FREE FOR ORDERS OVER $99.00.
Currently not available - we are working on a new solution.