During pregnancy and for many months after, a growing baby relies solely on its mum for nutrition. So it is vital that a pregnant or breastfeeding mother looks after herself in order to give her baby the best possible start in life. DHA is what’s known as an essential fatty acid or an omega-3 fatty acid.
DHA is an important nutrient for health at any stage of life, but it’s particularly important during pregnancy as it supports the normal development of the baby’s central nervous system. The need for DHA significantly increases during the third trimester of pregnancy.
During this time DHA rapidly accumulates in the brain of the developing baby, facilitating rapid normal brain tissue growth. So it’s crucial that a pregnant mother gets enough DHA from her diet to meet the needs of both her growing baby, and her own health and wellbeing.
The importance of DHA continues after the baby is born. Breast milk is naturally rich in DHA, supporting the rapidly growing child’s brain and nervous system. Which means it’s also important that a breastfeeding mother gets enough DHA from her diet, so that she can keep supporting the developmental needs of her growing infant.
DHA is a nutrient that our body does not make in sufficient amounts, so we have to rely on a healthy diet to ensure we are getting enough. Eating a lot of fish is always the best option to get lots of omega-3, but it’s not always that simple, especially when you’re pregnant and your appetite can be a little unpredictable!
Taking a DHA supplement such as Australian NaturalCare’s DHA for Pregnancy & Breastfeeding at this important time of your life is a simple and reliable way to support the DHA needs of both yourself and your baby, whether you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
Just two capsules a day will provide you with a rich natural (marine) source of DHA.
- Can Assist With:
- General health and wellbeing in breastfeeding women and in breast fed infants, supports foetal central nervous system development, maintains healthy foetal development, supports maternal health.
- Take 2 capsules daily with meals, or as advised by your healthcare professional.
- Naturopatic Comment:
- Did you know the body can’t make its own essential fatty acids, they need to be obtained through the diet or supplementation. Fish is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids!
- Country of Manufacture:
- 30 soft capsules
- Pill Size:
- 20mm Oblong
- Seafood, soya bean products, sulfites, phenylalanine.
Why Buy From Us?
You receive the highest quality
- It starts with our ingredients – the highest strength and quality from the most reliable suppliers, and is maintained by our standards. We follow the strictest regulations and using the best available technology we put every finished product through analysis to exclude any contamination and ensure product excellence.
You get real product benefits
- The ingredients and benefits you read on the bottle are always what you get inside.
- Our passionate team of naturopaths offer you free expert advice to determine which products are most suitable to your needs.
You're supporting Australian businesses
- We’re proud to say that all of our Australian NaturalCare products are manufactured in Australia.
You receive the best service
- With our direct vitamins, you get more than just convenience, you get certainty and if there’s any doubt, we back up every product with a 100% money back guarantee if returned within 60 days of purchase.
- To ensure you receive your products as soon as possible, we dispatch orders received before midday (AEST) the very same day. Australia Post collects all of our parcels and delivers them straight to your door. We offer FREE pick up from our North Ryde showroom, here in Sydney.
To ensure you receive your products as soon as possible, we dispatch orders received before midday (AEST) the very same day.
Standard Shipping - $6.95
For the Sydney metropolitan area, delivery takes up to two days and five-ten days for the rest of Australia.
STANDARD SHIPPING IS FREE FOR ORDERS OVER $99.00.
Currently not available - we are working on a new solution.