Double Choc Chip Cookies
Date Posted:7 November 2018
Who said healthy can’t be delicious! These cookies are the perfect afternoon treat to enjoy with a cup of tea! The almond butter provides a delicious source of protein and the coconut flour is gluten free and rich in fibre, together they help to curb sweet cravings and keep you full.
This mixture makes 9 medium sized cookies but you can double the recipe and make an extra big batch to share with a friend.
1/4 cup almond butter
2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon maple syrup
¼ cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon cacao powder (optional)
½ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
Dark chocolate 100g, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- In a large mixing bowl add the almond butter, eggs, maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Using a whisk combine all the wet ingredients until a smooth paste.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and mix well. The mixture will get quite thick here, add a splash of non-dairy mylk if needed.
- Fold through half the chopped chocolate.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop create even cookie shapes and place on a lined baking tray
- Decorate the remaining dark chocolate and place into the oven for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden.
- Once cooked, allow to cool and enjoy!