Anti-inflammatory Golden Milk Turmeric Tea Recipe
Author: Corinne Bett Date Posted:18 July 2016
This zingy golden milk is based on a traditional Ayurvedic Medicine recipe which has been used for centuries throughout India. It’s a warming and healthy treat to enjoy in the afternoon as a pick me up, or for that after-dinner sweetie during snuggly time on the couch. The main anti-inflammatory ingredients are of course Turmeric, and Ginger.
We’ve also popped in Withania root, another Ayurvedic favourite, for its anti-inflammatory, tonifying and stress relieving qualities. The cinnamon gives a natural sweet flavour.
Adding in the coconut oil and black pepper ensures the turmeric and other herbs are absorbed by the body so it can get in and do its good work.
- 1 cup milk (your choice!) Our favourites are coconut, almond or cashew milk.
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated turmeric (or ½ teaspoon ground turmeric if you’re short on time)
- 2cm slice fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground Withania root
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- Pinch black pepper
- Add honey to taste if needed
- Combine and mix all ingredients (except for the honey) in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Transfer to a cup, add honey to taste if needed.
Tip! You should be able to source the Withania root from an Indian Grocery store or your local Herb shop.
If you would prefer a convenient, ready-made Turmeric blend, try our delicious Golden Grind Turmeric Blend.