Yummy Mini Eggplant Pizzas Recipe
Author: Corinne Bett Date Posted:2 October 2015
Looking for a delicious dinner without the worries of wheat or gluten?
Or a healthy alternative of a tasty treat?
Then look no further than this mini eggplant pizzas recipe! YUM!
- 2 large eggplants.
- Pinch of salt.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced.
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste or homemade pesto.
- 1 spanish onion, chopped.
- 1 red capsicum, sliced.
- 1 handful of sundried tomatoes.
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced.
- ½ sweet potato thinly sliced.
- Oregano or Basil leaves.
- 2 cups Mozarella cheese.
- Pinch of Italian herbs.
Feel free to add other ingredients like mushrooms, pumpkin, feta, artichokes, and olives.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the eggplant into thin slices widthways. Sprinkle eggplant slices with salt on both sides, lay on and cover with paper towel for 5 minutes. Lightly press and then remove paper towels. This will help to draw any excess water out of the eggplant.
- Lay eggplant slices and sweet potato on trays greased with a small amount of olive oil, and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven, and spread tomato paste/pesto on the eggplant, add the garlic, Italian herbs, onion, sweet potato, red capsicum, sundried tomatoes, zucchini, oregano/basil leaves over the pizzas. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese to top.
- Place mini pizzas in oven on greased baking tray again, and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is all melty and yum. Enjoy!
- You can mix and match vegetables to add on top with whatever you might have in the fridge that day.
- Make yourself a dairy free version without adding the mozzarella cheese on top.