Homemade Ginger tea Goodness!
Author: Corinne Bett Date Posted:26 August 2015
Are you sick of the same old boring tea? Then why don’t you add some extra zing in your day and make yourself a refreshing homemade ginger tea. It’s really easy and you can make it in a flash, plus ginger tea not only tastes great but has numerous benefits.
It may aid digestion, warm the body and provide a good dose of antioxidants. Mix and match with some of the optional ingredients listed below, one at a time, and find your favourite combo.
- 2 cups filtered water.
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger.
- ½ juiced lemon.
- 1 tsp honey or rice malt syrup.
Optional: Add each of these one at a time and mix and match with the ginger to find your favourite combo! Try adding a Cinnamon stick, fresh mint leaves, pinch cayenne pepper, pinch turmeric powder, green tea leaves or chamomile flowers.
- Fill the kettle with 2 cups water, and boil.
- Peel the skin off the ginger, and grate into a cup.
- Add lemon juice, honey/rice malt syrup and an optional additive of your choosing.
- Add boiling water, and stir.
Try this great little home-made remedy today and enjoy!