Healthy Breakfast Muffin Recipe
Author: ANCP Date Posted:26 May 2016
Not all muffins are created equal - Here is an easy and healthy muffin recipe to enjoy at breakfast time.
To make 12, you will need:
- 10 eggs.
- 80g spinach.
- A good handful of basil.
- 2 zucchinis, grated.
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated (or substitute for a cheese of your choice, such as fetta or haloumi).
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- Salt & pepper.
- Add the eggs to a bowl, spinach, basil, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper, then blend together using a stick blender until smooth.
- Add the grated zucchini and cheese and stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 12 cup muffin tray (it might be easier to add the mixture to a pouring jug first), making sure each one is filled evenly. You can top each muffin with a little extra cheese if you wish.
- Place the muffins in a 200°C oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- These muffins are delicious served warm with a salad for lunch or cold for a delicious breakfast on the go.