Sizzling Chicken Skewers with Summer Salad Recipe
Author: ANCP Date Posted:26 May 2016
Chicken Skewers with Summer Salad
Summer’s here and it’s time to relax, fire up the BBQ and enjoy time with family and friends. These delicious chicken skewers are a tasty BBQ treat that will tantalise your taste buds and have everyone begging for more! Ingredients Makes (6 – 8 skewers)
- 500g organic chicken breast.
- 6 – 8 sticks of fresh rosemary with the lower leaves removed, tips kept on.
- 1 handful of fresh coriander.
- 1 handful of fresh mint.
- 3 cloves of garlic.
- 1 Spanish onion.
- Zest and juice of 2 limes.
- Sea salt.
- Freshly ground pepper.
- Macadamia oil.
- Summer Salad.
- 150 g mixed leafy salad greens.
- 1 avocado diced.
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes halved.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and finely diced.
- 1 large Spanish onion finely diced.
- 1 orange thinly sliced and the slices halved.
- Cut the chicken into 2.5cm cubes and place in a bowl.
- Place all of the marinade ingredients except the macadamia oil into a food processor blitz them then add the macadamia oil to turn marinade ingredients into a paste.
- Add the paste to the chicken cubes, mix well, cover and place in the fridge for an hour.
- While the chicken is marinating make the salad.
- Place all salad ingredients into a bowl and toss through then serve on individual plates.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and thread it onto the skewers.
- Grill chicken, turning regularly until cooked, once cooked place on top of the salad and serve.