Simple Asian Salmon Salad Recipe
Author: ANCP Date Posted:26 May 2016
You will need:
- 500g dried rice vermicelli noodles.
- 1 bunch baby bok choy.
- 150g snow peas, trimmed.
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin strips.
- Tsp olive oil.
- 4 small salmon fillets.
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips.
- 400g baby corn.
- ¼ cup lemon juice.
- freshly ground pepper.
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chilli sauce.
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger.
- coriander to garnish.
- Place noodles in a large heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Stand for 10 minutes, then drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water; drain well.
- Remove the stem ends of the bok choy and separate the leaves.
- Wash and dry, then cut the leaves from the stems.
- Cut stems crossways into 1 centimetre slices and cut leaves crossways into 2 centimetre shreds.
- Place stems, snow peas and carrot in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Stand for 3 minutes, then drain well.
- Drizzle the olive oil into a frying pan and heat.
- Cook salmon over medium-low heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place noodles and vegetables in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or jug, mix lemon juice, sweet chilli sauce and ginger.
- Pour mixture over noodle salad and toss well to combine. Divide salad among serving plates and top with salmon fillet.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and garnish with coriander leaves, if desired.