Cacao Banana Bread Recipe
Author: Steph Lowe - The Natural Nutritionist Date Posted:13 July 2017
Cacao Banana Bread
Ingredients (Makes 10-12 Slices)
- 1 ½ cups linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds (LSA)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, free range
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line a bread tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine LSA, coconut flour, cinnamon, maca powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Add to the dry mix along with oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla. Stir thoroughly.
- Add mashed banana and mix well to combine.
- Stir through cacao nibs and transfer to bread tin. Top with chopped almonds and sunflower seeds and bake for 30 minutes, or until it passes the skewer test.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan. This should make 10-12 slices and freezes well. Delicious served warm with a touch of organic grass-fed butter.